It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Musketeers On Mars!!

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I thought we’d had enough of those ‘faces’ on Mars, but heck, there’s more!! What do you do when they keep popping up?

Here’s three more ‘faces’ that I found whilst browsing a Mars image. I’ve converted the B/W images into a lightish brown to bring out the relief a little better. I have also increased the contrast some.

Now before I’m hounded, I’d like to clarify that I do not insist that these are proof of a long gone alien civilization on Mars. But then again, who knows?? All three ‘faces’ seem to belong to different races. The last one resembles a Grey!!

Imagination? Rock formations? Whatever, these except the last one, resemble the ‘face’ on Cydonia. If the latter has positively been debunked and proved beyond doubt that it’s just a natural rock formation, then these can be considered natural geological formations too.

But as far as I know, the jury is still out on that one!!

The resolution sucks! But I have requested Internos to sleuth around for more images of the same area from different missions to see if this is the effect of shadows. (He always does the hard work for me!!
)

Cheers!

P.S. For a better view, sit farther back!

Themis source image: themis-data.asu.edu...

Original Image Courtesy: asu.edu

[edit on 12-1-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Nice find, maybe the current/past civilization on mars created these images to pay homage to the different Gods? In a movie i watched called "What the Bleep do we know" (All about Quantum Physics) they say that we are all individual gods onto ourseleves that create our reality and life by interacting with each other. Hard to explain but a great film to watch. (Don't know how to post youtube videos, i can't figure out the video number thing? help if possible)

www.youtube.com...

[edit: fixed code for video]

[edit on 12-1-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Pretty cool! There's more faces than we realized obviously, the original 'face on mars' probably is a natural formation, and i think these faces you have provided us with is basically proof that these formation happen on a regular basis.

Humans do have an incredible capacity for imagination after

I still think there are loads of mysteries on Mars still to be unravelled though, like the possible forage on Mars (About.com have a great article on some of the Mars Mysteries)

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The area in question is Ganges Chasma, here there are some images from the same area,

but since it's a wide area, and since the resolution is very different, i don't know if this may help ...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'd be interested if people found face images through rock formations here on Earth, just for comparison. From satellite images. If none could be found here on Earth, I'd be more of a believer that potentially 'races' created them on Mars.

At the moment, I'm very much a skeptic, although granted, they do look like faces - people see faces in clouds etc and races didn't create them.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks Internos! This PNG image is the best....

themis-data.asu.edu...

The area is toward the bottom. Like another Cydonia. Isn't it strange that both areas look alike? And both have 'faces'?

This one seems to have the best resolution!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hey Mike! word travels fast look!

darkheartrising.wordpress.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectTater

Hey Mike! word travels fast look!

darkheartrising.wordpress.com...

Oh crapo!! :bnghd: But hey! I've become famous!!
When's the next Noble Prize nominations?

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spaxz
Nice find, maybe the current/past civilization on mars created these images to pay homage to the different Gods? In a movie i watched called "What the Bleep do we know" (All about Quantum Physics) they say that we are all individual gods onto ourseleves that create our reality and life by interacting with each other. Hard to explain but a great film to watch. (Don't know how to post youtube videos, i can't figure out the video number thing? help if possible)

I hope you didn't take that movie too seriously. It's full of physical misconceptions and borders on the brink of pseudo-science. I thought you should know about that before you start postulating that we are all individual gods and can create our own reality.

Interesting film, but I wouldn't take most of the content from it as factual.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by LuDaCrIs]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ats got to be too much of a considance (maybe spelt wrong). espec the first 2!
i'd love hubble to have a real good scan at these from different angles.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
those faces are in a line. hmmm you think thats anything?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It happens on earth also.

I believe that there's more to Cydonia than just the face. Hoaglands drawing of the alignments convinces me of that. I'm still 50/50 on whether its artificial.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Gotta ask mikesingh, where the heck did you get your avatar? It kicks [snip]

Mod Edit - removed profanity.
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

and

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Hey Mike
Up to your old tricks again up:
If this keeps up I,ll be on line at the bookstore with your book on Mars in my hands for your autograph

Great find as usual my friend, NUFF SAID

Angel

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Mike I noticed that on the Mars photo near the faces there are some pyramid formations would you elaborate on this if you can.

And for the sake of not falling into one liners which I will not delve into.
Mars has always been one of my favorite subjects and being that there are so many theories on these monolithic constructs that inspire the imagination and the inquisitive minds for example temples and near buried cities and almost always in the latitudes of these faces [or formations in eyes of the sceptics]
Will we ever know?? Sometime soon I hope .

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks Angel! Bah! No books. Don't have the time or inclination!!

Anyway, having been trained years ago in air photo interpretation for target acquisition and identification of ground targets for air sorties, from satellite/air photographs (vertical, oblique and 3-D), it does make it simpler to pick out anomalous areas/objects! So that's the secret!

As regards what you mentioned about that area having pyramid-like structures, you hit the nail on the head. In the previous post I had mentioned that this area resembles Cydonia - pyramids, faces and other anomalies. I haven't had the time to go over it as yet. Let's see what comes up!

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mike I gotta ask why exactly do you copyright these images?? Perhaps I'm mistaken but are copyrights not reserved for the owners of these pictures?? wouldnt that be NASA not you?? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Mike I gotta ask why exactly do you copyright these images?? Perhaps I'm mistaken but are copyrights not reserved for the owners of these pictures?? wouldnt that be NASA not you?? Just curious.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
just had a quick look at the region in question and put down some observations.

you'll have to refer to the other images provided for an unaltered version

There seems to be:

* Two distinct pyramid shaped mounds.

* Three faces as previously outlined by MikeSingh.

* A curved 'wall' around the 'city' which appears VERY ancient ( you can see that a meteor has scored a direct hit on the 'wall', suggesting it has been there longer than the meteor impact).

* A strange structure in an almost 'T-shaped' formation with a possible building in a square 'C-shape' next to it.

Can anyone else find any other anomalies without being too over-the-top?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by w810i

Hi W810i !

OK, to answer your question....

A Word On Copyrights.

A person recently suggested that I remove the copyrights on the still frames, and animated GIFs, in my articles containing images obtained from raw NASA video footage. This person said NASA might have problems with this.

It is TRUE that one cannot record live raw NASA television broadcasts and stamp a copyright upon them. These, as originally broadcast are, and remain, in the public domain.

However…when one isolates selected portions from these raw recordings, and captures specific video clips from these, they become that persons’ WORK. Capturing still frame images, creating animated GIFs from those images, adding comments or markings, adding a voice over to a video clip, zooming, and enhancing also amount to WORK done. It is the work, done by an individual, which can be subject to copyright.

We’ve all seen parts of NASA films, and videos, used in commercial television news broadcasts and documentaries. If you look closely at the credits following these programs, you will note that NASA is thanked for the raw material, and the program copyrighted. It works the same for me. I have ALWAYS acknowledged that NASA TV broadcasts are the source of my material. But it is ME who does the work to make a presentation concerning a particular part of that original NASA material. For this reason I can, and will continue to, add that little © symbol to my work.

Jeff Challender, Project P.R.O.V.E
www.projectprove.com...

A guy who spends the better part of the day and working late into the night looking for and annotating anomalies, analyzing them and putting it all together, only to find it ripped off word to word by a 'researcher' on another web site CLAIMING IT TO BE HIS OWN WORK, sucks!

And that's what happens if you don't copyright your images!

Cheers!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join